02 August 2014, 02:34:24
News:
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rigging in DAZ Studio 4  (Read 8264 times)
smay
Admin
Lodger

« on: 10 December 2011, 15:24:29 »

Setup T-shirts for Genesis in DAZ Studio 4 and fix morph shape.

« Last Edit: 25 February 2012, 10:21:19 by smay » Logged
smay
Admin
Lodger

« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2011, 18:14:39 »

Rigidity groups in DS4

« Last Edit: 25 February 2012, 10:22:11 by smay » Logged
sekopasa
Novice

Email
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2012, 14:42:14 »

Can you explain the options from rigidity group editor? It will be most helpful.
sekopasa
Novice

Email
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2012, 02:08:21 »

Hi again, i made a shoulder piece which is made of 2 parts, one for left one for right, i used the transfer utility, reweightmapped, made rigidity groups and map, add some custom morphs for troll and freak, i saved recursivly, i had a crash and after i opened the last save, left shoulder pieces move up much more than it should, its a scaling issue it happens when i apply morphs using scaling or when i just scale the figure. I double checked its not about weightmap of scale parameter.  The weird part is, my backup files are corrupted too. The most important part for me to understand is why my backup files are corrupted too. Does it use my imported obj files, is the problem corrupted obj files? And less important part is how can fix that scaling issue, because it happens for the second time, its boring to do all the job again and again with the possibility of having it corrupted again.
smay
Admin
Lodger

« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2012, 12:29:42 »

Which version of the DS are you using?
sekopasa
Novice

Email
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2012, 10:12:16 »

DAZ studio 4.0.3.47

I found how to solve the problem, i use the weight map symetry, it solves the problem. It happens after the crash. But i  still dont know why it happens or how it effect my backup files too.

Can you please explain the options in rigidity groups editor, i can not have any useful results with rigidty. I have spikes on a clothing object i dont want the spikes to deform when dial morphs. I put the sipkes into seperate rigidity  groups, i choosed single polygons beneath them and attached them to corresponding reference groups. And i filled the spikes with %100 wieght in rigidity map. But the result is worse than with out rigidity. the spikes sunk into cloth more than i expected. I tought that  i would solve it letting the rotation in rigidity groups editor but it caused all the mesh to be rigit. 
smay
Admin
Lodger

« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2012, 07:12:21 »

Rigidity group work is not perfect, it is necessary to do additional corrective morphs
sekopasa
Novice

Email
« Reply #7 on: 25 July 2012, 02:12:09 »

Hi, Thanks for your answer, custom morphs looks like the best answer. By the way i learned the Mr.hyde is yours its a very badass figure, congrats.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: